Muslims travelling for the Islamic pilgrimage, known as the Umrah, must be aware of some specific guidelines that apply to them during their journey. The most important thing to remember is that Muslims are prohibited from doing anything that would invalidate their Umrah, such as eating or drinking before the pilgrimage, engaging in sexual activities, or wearing clothing that is not acceptable during the holy month of Ramadan. In addition to these general rules, there are a few specific things you should keep in mind while on your Umrah trip. For example, make sure to take care of your health and hygiene, dress modestly, and avoid quarrels and arguments. These guidelines will help make your journey as enjoyable and trouble-free as possible.
Is ihram necessary for Umrah?
The Islamic lunar month of Shawwal is the best time to perform Umrah, according to the majority of scholars. Here are guidelines for performing Umrah during Shawwal:
1. Perform your Umrah between the end of Dhu al-Hijja and the beginning of Dhu al-Qa’dah.
2. Make a pilgrimage to Mecca if you can afford it; however, if you can’t afford it, make Hajj instead.
3. If you cannot afford both Umrah and Hajj, sacrifice an animal (if able) in lieu of making pilgrimages to Meccah and Medinah.
4. Perform Ihram before departing for your destination country: Take off your clothes and put on Ihram clothing (a white cloth wrapped around you from head to toe). You must also shave your head and trim your beard (or wear a scarf over them).
5. During your Umrah stay in Mecca, avoid major roads and places where large crowds gather (such as the Grand Mosque).
6. When you arrive in Medina, make sure to visit the Prophet’s Mosque and Ka’bah first thing upon arrival; then go about your business as normal.
The hardest form of worship is umrah. Without the assistance of experts, it cannot be completed. Do you wish to purchase Affordable Umrah Packages? Connecting with 7 Continents Travel Ltd is encouraged. We consider it an honour to arrange your hassle-free Umrah.
Important things to do before wearing ihram
There are a few important things you should do before wearing ihram:
1. Check the weather forecast. Make sure it’s not too hot or too cold, as this can impact your wellbeing during the pilgrimage.
2. Plan your journey. Know where you’re going and when you’ll be arriving so that you don’t get lost along the way.
3. Prepare for modesty. Wear clothing that covers your entire body, except for your face and hands, and avoid wearing revealing clothes or shoes.
4. Wash your hair and body thoroughly before starting the pilgrimage to remove any impurities that could spoil your prayer experience.
5. Fast during daylight hours from sunrise to sunset during the Hajj and Umrah seasons in order to purify yourself spiritually and physically before undertaking these religious rites of remembrance.
How to make Niyyah for Umrah?
If you are planning to make niyyah for umrah, here is what you need to know.
Niyyah in Arabic means intention or resolution. In order to make niyyah for umrah, you must have intention to perform the pilgrimage and resolve to do so. You can make your intention either verbally or in writing. If you are making niyyah verbally, you should say out loud the following: “I am intending to perform the umrah this year.” Once you have made your intention, it is important to keep it private until after you have performed the pilgrimage. If you are making your niyyah in writing, you should write down the following: “I am intending to perform the umrah this year.” You can also include a date by which you will be able to complete the pilgrimage. After making your niyyah, keep it safe and private until after the pilgrimage.
How To Wear Ihram ?
When performing the umrah, it is important to follow all regulations set by Allah, as well as those set forth by Shariah. The following are guidelines for how to wear ihram during the pilgrimage.
To begin, wear comfortable clothing that will not restrict movement. For men, this typically means clothing that covers the entire body except for the face and hands; for women, this usually means covering the entire body except for the face and hands and wearing a headscarf or veil. Many pilgrims choose to wear white because it is considered a clean color and it represents purity.
Next, make sure you have all of the necessary items with you: an adhan (call to prayer), a qalb (heart), and sahw (Gardens of Paradise). You can also bring along a few sacrificial animals if you wish.
Once you have completed these preparations, take your time walking around Mecca until sunrise. At sunrise, go back to the Kaaba and perform tawaf around it while kissing its black wall seven times. Afterward, go to Arafat and spend time there before continuing on your journey home.
It’s crucial to reserve Umrah Packages. These preparations do, in fact, make for a better Umrah journey. Muslims can also fulfil the majority of important rituals. Do you wish to plan the Umrah journey as well? 7 Continents Travel Ltd will carefully plan everything. We are therefore anticipating the appropriate season.